Rail Tales has celebrated its sixth year in business at 705 C Dale Avenue!
Note that our store does not actually face Dale Avenue! We face the parking lot on the backside of the building! Either go down down Forest Ave or Albemarle Street to reach the parking lot from Dale Avenue.
Special Note: As of July 1st, 2020 Rail Tales is operating according to its normal scheduled hours of operation under the Phase 3 Recovery for Virginia.
What this means for Rail Tales:
1) We are still taking extra steps to keep contact surfaces clean such as sanitizing pens, door handles, countertops, and keypads. We are also providing hand sanitizer for customer use.
2) Customers should maintain social distancing from all persons except those you arrived with. This is not longer strictly enforced but please stay six feet or more from your fellow customers unless necessary.
3) The governor’s executive order 63 requiring that all persons in public must wear face coverings is still in effect. We are therefore requiring that Rail Tales customers wear face coverings while in the store to comply with this order. Remember that your face covering protects others and their face covering protects you!
4) Rail Tales is conducting Saturday Demonstrations again. As always, interested parties need to call the day of the event between 11 am and 1 pm to confirm. We have a limited number of slots for the demonstrations in order to preserve social distancing.
5) All our game and club events are back on the calendar. See our schedule of events.
In essence, Rail Tales is more or less operating normally other than the spacing, cleaning, and mask thing.
Thank you for your support.
Regular Retail Operations Schedule
Tuesday- Thursday: 11 am – 7 pm
Friday: 11 am – 7 pm (open after 7 pm for Magic event attendees only until event concludes)
Saturday: 11am – 7 pm
Sunday: 12 pm – 6 pm. (Note that the store is occasionally closed on Sundays for special events. Check the event schedule or call in advance. These closings occur about once per three months and a notice is always posted on the door prior to the event.)
Business Phone: (434)- 984- 1170
The Model Railroad design specialist (Bret Jones) is available for consultations during the following hours:
Friday: 11 – 6
Saturday: 11 – 1 and 4 – 6
Other times by arrangement
Delivery Mailing Address: (for product and repairs)
705C Dale Avenue,
Charlottesville, Va 22903
Official Business Office Address: (for all letters and checks)
c/o Bret Jones
PO Box 546
Keswick, VA 22947
firstname.lastname@example.org [train, model, and official business] (non-clickable: Note that we do not use a clickable email address in order to cut down on the robots and spam. We apologize for any inconvenience. )
email@example.com [games] (non-clickable: Note that we do not use a clickable email address in order to cut down on the robots and spam. We apologize for any inconvenience. )
Contact us using email or phone above if you want to:
1) Make an appointment for a consultation
2) Ask us questions about models or trains
3) Sign up for personal shopping (be sure to tell us what you are looking for)
4) Sign up for the Charlottesville Model Club email list
5) Sign up for Jefferson Railroad Club mail list
6) Order something from us
7) Sell us your used train product
Thank you for visiting the Rail Tales website and we hope to see you in our store.